Acer has a great product lineup. The Acer monitors have great features along with unique designs. There are many common issues with the Acer Monitor, such as “Acer Monitor No Signal.”
So, what to do when you turn your Acer monitor on and see that there are no signals on the monitor? I will discuss some easy fixes to fix such an issue with you guys to ensure the problem is no more!
Easy Ways for Fixing Acer Monitor No Signal Issue
You can perform many easy fixes to get rid of the no-signal issue on your Acer monitor. So, let’s discuss the best ways to help you get rid of the Acer monitor no signal issue.
1. Check the Input Source
The lack of a signal on your Acer display could be faulty input. You can hook numerous devices, such as a PC and a game console, to a single monitor thanks to the abundance of input options available on modern displays.
The display’s firmware menu allows you to toggle between the two options. Make that you use the correct input source to resolve the problem of no signal.
- Turn on both the Monitor and Computer.
- At the edge of the display, press the menu button.
- Select the Input Source and choose a Proper Input Source. E.g., To connect your monitor to the PC with an HDMI cable, select the “HDMI” Source.
2. Check the Monitor
The “No Signal” problem may be due to a defective screen. Try hooking the screen to a different computer to see if it is functioning.
Alternatively, you might test a new monitor with your PC to see if that solves the issue. After investigating the issue further, you will likely determine that the monitor is at fault.
There are two possible explanations: either the monitor is faulty and needs replacement, or you are using the incorrect input source.
You can try resetting the computer’s BIOS to factory settings if you suspect that is the problem.
3. Check the Cables
It is a quick and easy remedy if your Acer display isn’t picking up any signals. The problem will manifest if the monitor and computer are just marginally connected.
Consequently, you should double-check the stability of your cable connection. You should also investigate a defective cable. If you have a faulty cable, try connecting a new one to the display and see if it helps.
4. Check your Connection to the Monitor
Any monitor displays “No Signal,” which signifies a faulty connection between the screen and the computer. An improperly inserted or partially inserted HDMI cable is one probable cause. Try unplugging the cable and plugging it back in to see if that resolves the problem.
- Power Off your Monitor and Computer
- Unplug the HDMI cable from both the computer and monitor ends
- Now, you have to wait for 5-10 minutes
- After waiting, plug in the HDMI cable again. Make sure the cable is not loose.
- Now, turn on the PC, and you will not face the issue again.
5. Factory Reset your Acer Monitor
You can reset the monitor to factory settings if it stops responding and reports “no signal.”
- Turn on your Acer computer after connecting it to an external monitor
- Press Win + P and open “Easy Display Switcher” after the system finishes loading
- Now, Select Computer Only
- Shut Down the Computer and then Disconnect the Monitor that you used
- After doing all the above steps, start the PC.
6. Reset BIOS to Default
If the integrated graphics card is disabled in the computer’s BIOS, “No Signal” may appear. In such a circumstance, reverting the BIOS settings to their factory conditions is usually adequate. To return your Acer device’s BIOS to its factory settings, you can use these steps:
- Restart your computer
- Keep pressing delete until you enter BIOS once the first logo screen appears
- Press the F9 key to enter the default configuration settings
- Now, press the F10 key and Enter to Save the settings.
(Note: Incorrectly modifying the BIOS can result in catastrophic system failure. Carefully verify your knowledge before making any changes to the BIOS configuration. If you need additional help, you may also contact Acer’s support team.)
7. Update your Graphics Card Driver
Sometimes an Acer monitor won’t pick up a signal because of a broken or incompatible graphics driver. The driver has to be updated to resolve this problem.
Enter your computer’s details on the manufacturer’s website to locate the appropriate driver download (PC model, video card model, and system version). You need to install the driver on the Acer computer.
(Note: When the screen malfunctions, it becomes impossible to read any information displayed. In this case, you’ll need to hook up an external display to your Acer PC to update the drivers.)
8. Enter the Power Saving Mode
You can identify the signaling issue in this manner as well. Whether or not your computer is now in Sleep mode is something you need to verify at this stage.
Whenever a computer goes into a low-power state, such as sleep mode, it effectively ceases to be operational and cannot process any incoming data.
In this way, your computer will restart once you press any key on the keyboard for a few seconds. You can also use the mouse to activate the computer. If you follow these steps, you should be able to fix the “Acer Monitor No Signal” issue.
9. Check if your Graphics Card is Properly Inserted
Acer monitor no signal error may arise if your video card is loose. Crack open the PC box and have a look.
- Turn off the Acer PC and remove the power supply.
- You can access a graphics card by opening the computer’s casing.
- Get the card out of the motherboard and put it back in securely.
- Power up the screen again by plugging it back into the computer.
- Connect the power cord and turn on the computer after holding the power button for at least 30 seconds.
10. Restart your computer
You can resolve the signaling issues on the monitor by restarting the computer. Before hooking up the VGA cables and turning the computer back on, you must power down the computer and wait a few minutes. If the VGA connection is still functioning correctly after this, proceed.
11. Update the Chipset Drivers
You can fix the Acer monitor issue by updating the chipset drivers, a method that is second to none. To go to the next stage, you must download and install the necessary software. This phase necessitates going online to acquire the required program.
You’ll need to install it after downloading, then go ahead and hit the “Scan now” button. The software then begins a thorough scan, at the end of which it will have no trouble identifying the offending drivers. The next step is to download the update and run it.
12. Remove the Computer from Stand-By Mode
The fact that your computer is in standby mode is the most likely explanation for why your Acer monitor displays the message “no signal.”
The solution to this problem is as simple as turning on your computer, which should cause the issue to vanish.
If it does not, the following step that you should take is to restart your computer. Occasionally, the issue is something as basic as a glitch that can be fixed by simply restarting the system.
13. Replace your Monitor
Last but not least, there is a possibility of an issue with the monitor itself. If you’ve owned your monitor for a time, and it’s started behaving strangely, this is the scenario that’s most likely playing out.
If this is the case, you might consider purchasing a new monitor. It’s possible that the problem is solely with the hardware and that you can’t rectify it.
Suppose you have another monitor or TV. In that case, you might try hooking your computer into that device instead of your Acer monitor to determine whether or not your Acer monitor causes the issue.
You may utilize most televisions instead of a computer display if you need to get some work done when the weather is bad.
Check to see if the warranty still applies to your Acer monitor before you decide to go out and get a new one.
If your Acer Monitor shows no signal error, you don’t have to panic. There are some of the proven fixes that are easy to perform and will make the issue go away:
- Check the Input Source
- Check the Monitor
- Check the Cables
- Check your Connection to the Monitor
- Factory Reset your Acer Monitor
- Reset BIOS to Default
- Update your Graphics Card Driver
- Enter the Power Saving Mode
- Check if your Graphics Card is Properly Inserted
- Restart your computer
- Update the Chipset Drivers
- Replace your Monitor
- Remove the Computer from Stand-By Mode
Hopefully, one of these methods will help resolve the Acer monitor no signal issue. Were you able to resolve the Acer Monitor No Signal issue? Let us know in the comment section below!
Hello Good People! This is Pavel and Welcome to PC Delight!
I’m an Electronics Engineer by profession with a passion for Gaming & PC builds. When I came up with the idea for PC Delight, it was my goal to share & offer the very best PC building ideas to tech-loving people like myself.
Since my school days, I’ve been just addicted to gaming & PCs. That leads me to experiment with various ways around the very niche, resulting in great productivity. And I’m here to share those practical experiences. So that next time you start some experiment with your PC builds or struggle to cope with a certain game, I’m here with the solutions. With these philosophies, I started my journey in 2017 and just kept going.